Aloha, service members! Here at Hawaii VA Loans, one of our goals is to be your go-to, trustworthy resource for information on home buying and the VA loan process. In order for us to achieve that, we think it is important to break it down for you. Not in dance moves, but in data, BAH style. We’ll leave the break dancing to you – for after you sign those closing papers.
What Can Your BAH Buy?
When you’re looking to buy a home with your VA loan in Hawaii, there are a few details that will immediately signify that a home for sale is destined to be considered. This single family home listing in Mililani Town has them: interior and exterior space, indoor laundry, split A/C, and loads of storage.
If you’re looking for great space, then this single level, 1,868 square foot home on a 6,283 square foot lot has it. It hits all the move-in ready marks needed for a smooth transition. We love the ample driveway, covered parking, and covered backyard lanai for your enjoyment.
Located in the central Oahu town of Mililani – known for its family-friendly atmosphere – it takes approximately 15 minutes to drive to Schofield Barracks, 8 minutes to Wheeler Army Airfield, 20 minutes to Pearl Harbor, and 25 minutes through picturesque countryside to the famous North Shore. The commute to Honolulu International Airport is about 20 minutes.
- four bed / two bath (1,868 sq ft)
- open floor plan
- 15 panels of a paid photovoltaic
- solar water heater
- split a/c
- indoor laundry
- new interior paint
- new exterior paint
- 6,283 square foot lot with wall/fence
- carport ceiling newly drywalled and new storage doors
- some inclusions include: washer & dryer, range/oven, refrigerator
The BAH Breakdown
- Where: 94-336 Keaolani Street, Mililani, HI. 96789
- Oahu military bases nearby: Schofield Barracks – 6.4 miles; Wheeler Army Airfield – 3.7 miles; Pearl Harbor – 13.5 miles; Tripler Army Medical Center – 13.8 miles
- Points of Interest: North Shore – 13.6 miles; Airport – 13.5 miles; Downtown Honolulu – 17.4 miles
- Property type: Detached Single Family
- Asking price: $690,000
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Land: 6,283 square feet
- Living: 1,868 square feet
- Interest Rate: 3.5%
- APR: 3.715%
- P&I: $3,165.02
- Taxes: $151
- HOA: $34
- Total Estimated Monthly Payment = $3,470.02
What BAH Rates Cover This Monthly Payment?
Service Members with Dependents
The 2016 BAH Rates support the ability for ranks E-9, W-4, W-5, O-3E, and O-4 and above with dependents to afford this single family home if purchased at its asking price. For ranks E-8, W-3, O2-E, and O-3, BAH falls just below the estimated monthly payment and can still be affordable with supplemental income from a spouse.
Would you like to find out if you qualify for a purchase price like the properties above? Fill out our online application or contact a VA Loan Specialist. Or give us a call at 808-792-4251.
Interested in viewing this property in-person? ContactYukiko Takenaka of Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties at (808) 735-2411.
Check back soon for another property with a BAH Breakdown!